pandora smykker mbt casual rs gold moncler men montblanc boheme cheap tiffany necklaces links of london stores meizitang slimming replica chanel sale smith sunglasses runescape gold gold for runescape runescape gold sale rs for gold
     
To Stations



logo

























FIRE STATION 3 - EMPIRE, COLORADO

station3 HISTORY

Empire City marked the  centennial year, 1876, by organizing the Empire Volunteer Fire Department and building a fire house on Main Street to shelter the shining new hook and ladder wagon complete with a pump cart. The 18 charter members, wearing brightly colored caps and wide leather belts appropriately inscribed Empire Fire Department practiced rigorously with their new trappings. Fire calls were few and far between. The hook and ladder wagon is still existent in a remarkable state of preservation.

In 1989, the Empire Volunteer Fire Department signed an intergovernmental agreement with the Clear Creek Emergency Services General Improvement District (ESD), which was formed in 1988 by the voters in the unincorporated areas of Clear Creek County. As a participant with the ESD, Empire contributed to the consolidated fire protection effort in Clear Creek County through intergovernmental agreements with Idaho Springs, Georgetown, and Silver Plume.

In 1998 Empire became part of the Clear Creek Fire Authority, which is presently the governmental entity responsible for providing fire protection in Clear Creek County.



Apparatus

As of 2007 the Empire Station houses Engine 3. Engine 3 is a 1974 MAC Pumper with a 1250 gpm pump and a 750 gallon tank and is currently being used as a backup pumper for the west end of the district.

 

All apparatus at Station 3 (Empire Fire Department) is compliant with all ISO recommended equipment.